Sunday, October 30, 2011

Magic Mile

Day 3: 5km with Magic Mile.


How long is a mile, really? Let me tell you, it depends on how fast you have to run it.


Jeff Galloway recommends doing this test regularly in your training program to determine what your pace for the long runs should be, and to predict your race time (5K, 10K, half-marathon and marathon). If I put in my time of today, I get for the 5K a prediction that is about 20 seconds faster than my current pb, and 1 minute faster for the 10K. But those were not races, they both were comfortable training runs so I'm pretty sure I could achieve the times predicted by Galloway without problems, and maybe on better days do even better.
Today I was running alone and I had eaten a good breakfast, but still I felt a bit heavy. I guess if I had run the 5K or 10K at my best, today I would have done it in the predicted time, so I am going to stick to the suggested training pace for the long runs. Thanks Mr. Galloway!


Good news coming from Mr.Achilles too: I didn't have any problem today, just like on Thursday (I had forgotten to mention it).




1 comment:

  1. glad to see you are having a proper breakfast now Germana :-)

    ReplyDelete