Monday, October 24, 2011

And so it begins

Yesterday, October 22nd, was my last run as a non-marathon-trainee: 10km on a perfect cold but sunny day, with my son sleeping in the jogging stroller. Today, everything changed.


I've been running regularly since August with no real target in mind and for weeks I have lazily been looking at half-marathons and marathons in my area, but it was basically like window shopping. Worse, it was like internet window shopping, if you know what I mean.


Then this afternoon my husband came home from his run with a brilliant idea: "YOU can do the Stockholm marathon!". I had mentioned that marathon as a possible one for him to do (he's done three already, plus 5 half marathons), because I love Stockholm and I want to go back there, but I had never considered running it myself! 


I had no arguments against this idea, so I sheepishly signed up for my first marathon: Stockholm, June 2nd 2012. This place is where I will keep track of the 223 days separating me from this enormous challenge, with all the ups and downs sure to come. 





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, Germana! Congrats on setting your eyes on this marathon. I'll cheer you on along the way.

    ReplyDelete