Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sunshine, rain, hail, wind...

Easy run, 7km



My usual Tuesday run was postponed to today because my daughter was a bit sick, she had had high fever during the weekend and was still shaking it off. Yesterday we also had some interesting weather: it started nice and sunny in the morning, and it suddenly turned nasty in the afternoon. We've had hail the size of a cherry pit!
Today my husband worked from home so I took only my son with me in the stroller, since he likes to sleep in it and he needed a nap. The wind was very strong but the sky was clear when we left. Not even 10 minutes into my run (son was already asleep) the sky turned dark grey and it started to rain, and the rain quickly turned into hail although this time, luckily, it was very small stones. I immediately turned around to go back home, thinking what a pity it was that I had to cut my run so short.

Well, you could just leave the boy and continue running.
There she is again... and once again she's right.

By the time I got home the sky was clear again, but to play it safe I parked the stroller (and my sleeping son) in the backyard, and took off again.
I had 4km more to go: two long and difficult kilometers against the wind and two easy and short kilometers with the wind, but at that point I was pretty tired so my speed didn't really change much.
Today's workout had probably more effect on my mind than on my body but hey... you need a very strong mind to run a full marathon.

And Little Voice is definitely getting stronger.





No comments:

Post a Comment