Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back on track?

25 days without running. One MRI scan according to which there is nothing wrong with my knee. A very long quest for the perfect knee support, which included many visits to many shops and many phone calls, and ended with me driving 40km to go buy the same kind of support I had seen in the very first shop and paying it about 40% more.

After all this, I finally put on my running gear, together with this:


and went out for a test run against the elements. We had a very heavy storm this morning, and it left behind a very strong wind and some more scattered showers, which means I went out with the sun, had to walk head down against the wind at some point and came home completely soaked.
3,5km, and how did it go? I could feel the knee at every single step for the first kilometer, but then it was mostly fine, we'll see tomorrow.

At the local discount supermarket (LIDL, for those of you who may know about it) this week they sell a knee brace for 5 Euro... is this a sign? I think I'll go get it and use it at home, it's much smaller than this one and may still do some good.


4 comments:

  1. the quest for the brace still goes on??....eagerly awaiting the outcome!!

    Eden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo... I paid this one way too much to go looking for another "serious" one! I just bought the 5EUR one, and I think I'll bring it back... it's worth even less than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've trialed the one in the picture with patients in the clinic...most of them didn't like it for same reason you said...it's too long for running....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today's run was too short to judge the brace, I'll tell you when I pass the 10km again.

    ReplyDelete