Sunday, January 15, 2012

Picking up again

It was a rather uneventful week running-wise, which given the situation is a good thing. I ran 4,2km on Tuesday, 5,5km on Thursday and 6,5km today, all very easy. I am slowly getting used to the knee brace, but I hope I can get rid of it at some point. Tomorrow I will go see a sports doctor to get that second opinion about my knee and the MRI scan, I just don't believe that there is nothing wrong with it and I want to take all the necessary precautions to prevent it from blowing up again - except stop running, of course.


Every route I run goes by these horses, and I always thought I should take a picture of them. Today one of them (the one on the right) was very close to the fence when I went by and again I thought "I should take a picture" and I continued running... 10 steps further I turned around and went back to finally do it. By the time I took out my phone, the other horse and the two ponies also had come to check what was going on so I could take this group picture. Yes, the second pony is also in it... look carefully between the legs of the horse on the left :-p



3 comments:

  1. It's always interesting to see where other runners run. Hope everything goes well with your knee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty location for your runs. How nice of the horses and ponies to gather round, too. When you run in a different setting, say in the upcoming race, do you have to make both mental and physical adjustments to get into a good groove?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this blog entry http://mystockholmmarathon.blogspot.com/2011/12/perspective.html I talk about how important it is to know the route you're running on...
      I don't have much race experience (only one 5K) so I can't really say, but it's a bit like when you go somewhere new: the way there seems always longer than the way back, doesn't it? That's because you don't know how far you've gone and how far you still need to go... it's the same when you run. Makes me think of kids in a car asking "how long still to go?" :)

      Delete