Thursday, February 2, 2012

Grounded

Less than 18 weeks to the marathon. Running it is not an option anymore, that's for sure. Maybe I could run/walk it, but I need to consult the doctor about this.
Tomorrow morning I will have the shoe inserts, but I will have to wait until Saturday to try them because I don't want to take the kids out in -10℃.

Last week I came home from physio with a program of core strengthening exercises to do every day... if nothing else, my belly and my butt will surely benefit from it!

I guess I should contact the Stockholm Marathon organization to see what the options are, if I can "move" the registration to next year or pass it on to my husband, but I don't want to do that just yet.

Can you tell how bummed I am?

2 comments:

  1. I can tell....hang in there..it's not a death sentence.....rehab of the knee takes a little time...so you have core ex's and some hip strengthening, that's good...and then it takes a little while to get used to new inserts....(oh, and I start my new job Monday)....so keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell, too, G. I'm sorry to hear this, but it's good to see that the desire is still in you to look ahead to the year after. What Eden says sounds hopeful.

    ReplyDelete