Sunday, February 12, 2012

Still freezing

Temperatures have stayed below freezing point the whole week, which didn't add any fun to my runs.

Tuesday, 5km: I went out as soon as my husband came home, so I didn't have to face the darkness but "only" the COLD!!! It felt MUCH worse than on the previous Saturday at -8℃, the sun was hidden behind a thick layer of clouds and it was already pretty low anyway, there was a killer icy breeze and even though I had put shorts under my pants I had to keep a pretty fast pace to keep at least my upper body warm. I was already planning on taking a picture of the thermometer which must have been showing something like -15℃ or so, and I can't write here what I said out loud when I got there and I saw it happily reporting just -5℃ (I said it in Italian anyway...). So no picture of the stupid thermometer, and again red skin when I got home.

Thursday, 5km: hubby came home sooner than expected so I was once again able to avoid the darkness. This time I had double pants even though it was not as cold as the previous runs (-5℃ again), and I didn't regret it. Eventually one run below freezing without red skin on my legs!

And today, 7km, slow. At -2℃ and without wind (though still no sun either) it was almost warm if compared to the previous three runs, but I was still happy with the double pants. This has been the longest run of 2012 so far, and of the last two months. Really nothing to report from my left knee (the injured one), while the right one did send some signals now and then. It was a mere annoyance, it can't be called 'pain', but I will keep an eye on it and I will talk about it to my PT at the next appointment in 10 days.
Oh and I found a new little furry friend along the route... can you see him? :-)


3 comments:

  1. I like your new friend....glad the knee (L) wasn't bad..but the (R) might not have liked the cold....keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eden!
    Could it have been just for the cold? I couldn't localize the exact spot, in fact it seemed to change location too, but always around/under the patella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrrrrrr! I see him. He's looking for a way to get back into his little rabbit hole to stay cozy.

    Nothing to report from the left knee is good. :) Eden, do some knees actually do better in cold than warm? I'm assuming that it's usually the other way around.

    ReplyDelete