Friday, March 30, 2012

Cracked bones

Friday, two days before my first "half marathon", and I feel like somebody cracked every single vertebra of my spine. Oh wait, that's exactly what happened!

Body paint
Yesterday I ran 12km 'fast' (5km jog on Wednesday) and for pretty much the whole distance I felt something wrong in my right hip, with every single step. It was not painful and I continued running, even though I did consider stopping to prevent it from getting worse.
I mentioned this at the follow up appointment with the sports doctor in the afternoon, and he agreed with me that we should fix this before it becomes a problem with the longer distances. During the visit he also realized that my neck is pretty much screwed (car crash 10 years ago), so he offered me a complete re-design of my spine. Ignoring my daughter's protests ("You don't write on people, you can only write on paper!") he proceeded to mark every single vertebra and then started the procedure, which will take another 5-6 sessions to be completed. He said this will even fix my neck... I will be forever grateful if it really does. I've been living with pain and limited mobility every single day of my life since July 17th 2002, I can't explain with words what it would mean to have a healthy neck again.

He had warned me I could feel dizzy and broken, and I certainly did. Let's see what happens on Sunday!


ps: I'm not a hunchback, I was bending forward for the picture





No comments:

Post a Comment