Monday, March 26, 2012

Sunday: Half-marathon!

Looks like spring has arrived with perfect timing, it's been wonderful running weather the whole week with clear sunny skies and temperatures between 8℃ and 15℃ (at least during my runs). I also ran alone all three times, which is a rare bonus.
There's not much else to say about the weekday runs: 8km easy on Wednesday and 5km jog on Saturday.

Asparagi fields /2

Sunday on the other hand has been a full day: I went out early for my 12km, as my husband had to run his traditional half-marathon (it's the 4th year in a row) later in the day. Luckily I decided to wear my capri's instead of the shorts because it was not that warm after all! The sun was still pretty low when I went out and later on some clouds were veiling it, so in the end I had very cold and red hands, though the rest of my body was fine.

Do they know it's Easter time at all?

And then it was time for my husband's half marathon, which for me meant a lot of standing (4 hours with very few breaks) and a lot of walking (6km), I am very happy this didn't happen after a longer run.
He was aiming for 1:40 but it was quite warm when they were running, much warmer in fact than in the training days so his 1:42:20 is a very good time and most importantly he was not broken at the finish line. I'm very proud of him!

And next Sunday it's my turn for a half-marathon... almost. I have a 20K scheduled, but I think I will add a 500m walk warm up and cool down at the beginning and at the end, just to make the distance ;-)

Last piece of news: I signed up for a 10K on the 22nd of April! This will be my second ever race, the first being a 5K almost five years ago. I knew that inserting a race in the training program would have been a good thing to do, but after being immersed in the runners crowd on Sunday I realized it was something I simply had to do before the marathon. You can't simulate race-day adrenaline during training.

2 comments:

  1. You sound great, G!! Nice to stop in for an update and feel your positive energy. All the best this upcoming Sunday. :)

    Also have to mention that I like your photos. You've mentioned before that you like sootc shots, and these look very good. I especially like the lines and geometry in the top field photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene!
      All these photos are taken with my phone and in a hurry, I certainly don't take the time to stop and study the shot. With the field above I was EXTREMELY lucky in having a photo exactly how I would have liked it if I had had the time :-)

      Delete