Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Corn and Fartlek

7km Fartlek

There was a corn field very close to my house that I had been meaning to photograph for a long time, but one day it was gone and I had missed my chance. So when this morning I ran by this other field, I took a few seconds to stop and take a picture, knowing that this too will not be there for much longer. 



And no, "Fartlek" is not a bad word. The runners among my readers may have heard this term already, or maybe not. It is a sort of interval training, but totally unstructured. Basically you go from walking to sprinting and anything in between whenever you feel like it, totally random. It was the first time that I did this type of workout, and it's fun! I find it difficult to keep a constant pace and I like to run faster segments, so this fits me perfectly. 
Just in case somebody very observant notices that today should've been my Easy Run day: I decided to be a lot more flexible with my weekday runs, at least for the next 3 weeks, because I will not be able to go out early on Thursday so I'll move the shorter runs then and run a little longer on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment