Sunday, November 6, 2011

Singing in the woods

Long Run: 12km

I was looking forward to today's run, finally increasing the distance again after being stuck at 10km for one month, and I was not disappointed. This was my longest run ever, if we don't count a 12.8km with regular walk breaks (4:1), and it felt goooooood!
I ventured out in the woods for the first time, I have biked these paths a couple of times but I had never gone running so far from home.


It's fuzzy because I continued walking but I still like it :-)
(I only walked to take this picture and a few times to drink, no regular walk breaks)

I was running with the ipod, and I developed a perfect test to make sure that I don't go too fast: if I can sing, then it's a good pace. It's good I don't have any Whitney Houston songs in there :-p

As I was approaching the virtual finish line, I saw my husband and kids waiting for me. I hope I can have this smile on my face on June 2nd, at the end of the marathon!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment