Thursday, November 10, 2011

Messed up run

8km Tempo Run: warm up, 5km tempo, cool down (in theory)


10:20am, and I was not ready to go out yet, because of other commitments that kept me longer than expected. Doubting I'd be able to run 8km (and shower) before having to pick up my daughter (at the latest) at noon: should I run this afternoon with both kids? should I shorten my run? should I try to run it all anyway and hurry afterwards?
In the end I decided to shorten warm up and cool down, and still try to run 5km at a challenging pace for a total of 6km. But also this plan B was shattered into pieces, because I started like a rocket for 1km (only 10 seconds slower than my Magic Mile pace, to make it clearer), I slowed down to 10 seconds slower than my best 5km pace for most of the run, and I bursted in the last km. Well, I could see that as a slow cool down, but that would be a lie.
And then I realized that I had forgotten one little detail again... food. I was really not in the mood to eat much for breakfast, but I had planned to get some quick calories in before going out for my workout... which I forgot. Low sugar run = bad run.


Lesson learnt: run it, don't rush it.

I wanted to post a picture of the mug I got from my husband for my birthday, but I didn't manage to do it last week so here it is:



"I'd rather be running now"



"Friends on your side 
The wind in your face
The freedom of running
And the finish already in sight"


1 comment:

  1. Now that's the second time you run without a proper breakfast! I hope you remember from now on :-)

    ReplyDelete